Welcome!

First time on this blog? Beijing Traffic Lesson: Left Turn is probably a good place to start.

Wednesday, August 1, 2007

...and all I got was this lousy T-shirt!





Actually, it might be my wife's new T-shirt (sure, I try on her clothes. What? What are you looking at?) I personally LOVE teal, coral and lavender, but it's a titch too small for me.

I'm still not quite sure why I bought this. Maybe the words 'Memorable Summer" jumped out at me - it certainly has been, after all! It's not the funniest Chinglish ever, but I think I liked the completely generic "Tropical Beach Style" coupled with the very unenthusiastic "Memorable Summer Vacation." It really doesn't sound like something you'd want to commemorate with a t-shirt.

Person 1: "So how was your tropical beach style vacation?"
Person 2: "Oh, memorable."

Some other shirts I'd like to see:

"Major City: You should really visit it once, just to say you've been."
"Music-Themed Bar & Restaurant: Same food you can get everywhere, but overpriced."
"Sports Team: Meh, it's a rebuilding year."

And if nothing else, whenever i see my wife wearing it, it will remind me of the memorable summer I spent in Beijing. (And I actually mean that in a good way - this wasn't exactly a vacation, so 'memorable' is a very fair adjective.)